Trump is ‘surprised’ that Biden chose ‘nasty’ Kamala Harris because she called him ‘essentially racist’ during 2019 primary fight – then claims first black female VP candidate is his ‘number one pick’ to face off against
- On Tuesday, Biden tapped California Sen. Kamala Harris to be his running mate, making her the first Black woman to serve on a major party presidential ticket
- Biden, who spent eight years as President Barack Obama’s vice president, has spent months weighing who would fill that same role in his White House
- He pledged in March to select a woman as his vice president, easing frustration among Democrats that the presidential race would center on two white men in their 70s
- Later on Tuesday President Trump leveled a series of personal attacks against Senator Harris
- ‘She was very disrespectful to Joe Biden. It’s hard to pick someone that was that disrespectful,’ Trump said
- ‘She made terrible statements. She essentially called him a racist. And other things that were very bad,’ the president noted
- A woman has never served as president or vice president in the United States
By GEOFF EARLE, DEPUTY U.S. POLITICAL EDITOR FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and JAMES GORDON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
President Trump has expressed surprise about Joe Biden’s pick for vice president, Kamala Harris, saying that the California senator had previously labeled Biden as ‘essentially racist.’
But he also revealed that Harris would have been his ‘number one pick’, if he were to be given a choice over who he and Vice President Pence would most like to face off against this coming November.
Biden named Harris as his running mate on Tuesday afternoon, making history by selecting the first black woman to compete on a major party’s presidential ticket and acknowledging the vital role black voters will play in his bid to defeat President Donald Trump.
By Tuesday night, the president continued to denounce Biden’s choice on Fox News.
‘She was one of the people that was projected to have a chance at winning. All she did as people got to know her, she went down. She finished at 2%, probably less than that and she fled. Remember how quickly. She said horrible things about Biden… She made terrible statements. She essentially called him a racist. And other things that were very bad.